Thursday, July 28, 2011

Can You Say....

 {just a little FYI...this is a very long post...I mean...I have to make up for my absence, right??? ;) }

{Credit}
...NATIONAL CONVENTION 2011??????????

A few weeks ago (ok, at the end of May.), Parker and I attended a TeenPact (TP) alumni event called National Convention (NC) at Fort Bluff, TN. NC is a week-long TeenPact camp, (TeenPact: go here) With over 500 students and parents attending, it is the biggest alumni event TeenPact has.


It. Was. AMAZING!!!

Oh! I have SOOO many good memories...and maybe a few interesting ones :), and it would take me waaayy  to long to share those here...besides, it would be hard to write it all here. But, I can share a few stories.....

Like the time when about (I think I'm right on this number) 65 people stood up and declared Jesus Christ as THEIR Lord after Brett Harris finished speaking.

Or when a group of us went around campaigning for a Representative candidate.

Or the time when that Rep. candidate won the primaries.

Or the time when we prayed in small groups while it was pouring down rain. (That was the ONLY time the rain interrupted our schedule...and we were supposed to playing games. :) God had different plans!)

Or the night when Stephen and Valen won TP president and vice-president......

The list goes on and on....Ultimate Frisbee Tournament. Elections. Rendezvous (talking about the day with the girls (in my case :) in you room). Bonjour (daily quiet time). Rain :). Speakers. Worship sessions. The Bluff (to view the picture of this, click on the link, and at the left hand corner of the screen, you will see  picture thumbnails. Click on the one that says "Bluff View". BTW--the lodge is the place the girls stayed! It was amazing. :)

So many amazing, awesome (awesome-azing!) things!

Along with stories, I have PICTURES!! :)


Former president of TeenPact, Clayton Chambers 

Former Vice President of TeenPact, Molly Hall

Sierra, with her campaign table!
One of the many Ultimate Frisbee teams, (and my personal favorite...because of the name...AND my brother was on it... :) the Awkward Turtles!!!

The Awkward Turtles...doing the "awkward turtle" (actually, they were kinda finishing up... ;) 

Mr. Peter Martin, TeenPact CEO

We had awesome election coverage throughout the week! Thanks, guys!  

National Convention 2011

Vice-Presidential debate

The girls cabin/lodge. We affectionately named it the "Lincoln Lodge".  :)  

VP debate analysis...these guys were hilarious. :P

Former TeenPacter and Current Oklahoma Rep.,  Elise Hall

Former TeenPacter and Current Oklahoma Rep., Josh Cockroft

Brett Harris spoke on Friday morning. Two words: Really good. One more word: Amazing.  

There were cloudy days...

...some rain...
...and there were sunny days (!), but all was beautiful.

The Ultimate Frisbee Tournament was awesome. Enough said. 

Saturday morning, some of us got up really early to watch the sun rise. Beautiful!

Good Morning!




Parker and me on the last day. {*sob!*}


It really was an awesome trip, with 500+ inspiring people! I hope that one day, I will see YOU there, too!! I plan to go again next year...my friend and I are brainstorming ways to raise money..I think we have a few ideas... :) I'll try to keep you posted!

Have you ever been to a TeenPact event (state class or any Alumni event)? If not, are you planning on it soon? (You SHOULD!!) Leave a comment telling me your plans...and about any other camp/awesome thing you are going to/went to/doing! :)


Later!

No comments: